WHO WE ARE?
- ASSISTOR-NPO is a sustainable not-for-profit organization and a development assistance association.
- ASSISTOR-NPO is independent from political, religious or business interests.
- ASSISTOR-NPO maintains its independence by completely funding and performing its programs with the practical and monetary contributions of volunteers and donors.
ASSISTOR-NPO should promote the following objectives:
- The relief of those in need by reason of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantages.
- The implementation of appropriate actions to prevent or relief poverty and social exclusion.Tthe advancement of education.
- The protection and the conservation of the environment.
- Community capacity building.
- Equality and diversity.
- Sustainable development.
In addition, ASSISTOR-NPO provides advice and consultancy to non-profit sector, in particular in the "Third World" through partnerships, because we believe that this sector is able to address key issues to achieve sustainable development, social justice and peace. We promote cooperation, dialogue, share of knowledge and experience beyond borders, races and nationalities. We seek to provide additional opportunities in humanitarian, educational, recreational and environmental fields and assist our beneficiaries to develop their potential and achieve their own goals.
We share the values of peace, justice and tolerance, fundamentally focusing on the preservation of local cultures and the empowerment of people while valuing local knowledge and working with cultural sensitivity. We believe that local people know and understand what is appropriate for their own communities and we seek to assist them in achieving their objectives. ASSISTOR-NPO believes strongly that through cooperation we can do more to realize our common vision of a better world, one which is based on shared values and in which all can move and prosper.